FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - (Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included
Old Jan 8, 2013, 11:41 am
exc3ll

Programs: AA EXP
Completed R1

Happy to report a success on my R1 on TG and KE. Spent a few days in Myanmar, amazing country. Yangon is alright but if you have a chance, fly to Bagan. What a mind blowing place! Biked around for two days and never got tired of finding out more pagodas. Definitely recommended. Eat at local places, most of them have english menus. Locals are helpful and friendly, surprisingly people speak English pretty well. Wish I had more time to explore other cities in Myanmar. Will definitely go back.

Exchange money at the airport, it's almost the same everywhere in town.
I don't recommend exchanging money on the street though.
Try "Mohinga", traditional Burmese fish noodle soup. Although I have to say Burmese tend to overcook their noodles. Also have the traditional Burmese food that usually comes with unlimited vegetables sides, some are spicy but very good.

Did OLCI for the 7:40 pm TG flight, ended up going to the airport earlier to try to catch the 2:45pm flight. Agent switched our flight with a big smile, she just warned us there might not be meals since the flight was catered in BKK. She also gave us the exit row!

KE boarding passes were printed immediately in BKK, no question asked!

Kal First Lounge in ICN is a joke, food was alright but the alcohol is almost non existence. Nasty malbec and a choice of white. Whiskey and a limited few options.

Their inflight service is excellent though! Glad I got to try out their A380, we were the only two in First. The only down side was the cabin was kept way hot.

Thanks again OP!

Last edited by exc3ll; Jan 8, 2013 at 11:55 am