FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Infrequent Flyers: the best loyalty programs for the disloyal
Old Jan 8, 2013, 7:30 am
pinniped
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by brettalb
DL is good for an infrequent flyer on Skyteam because miles don't expire. The only downside is round-trips only.
That was my reasoning on DL: I've become so accustomed to redeeming one-ways with UA, BA, and AA that the R/T requirement now seems suffocating. I think of the infrequent flier slogging his way to 40,000 or 60,000 miles to get anywhere good on DL...and that's before you get into DL's notoriously abysmal availability on its own metal.

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
AS is probably a decent option since it accepts miles from both a number of SkyTeam airlines and oneworld airlines. Less orphaning of small amounts of miles.
Yeah, I can see AS fitting into the mix somewhere because of the partners.

My thoughts in favor of BA are that you only need 4,500 Avios to redeem a short-haul award. Expensive little American Eagle routes that you never really wanted to spend 12,500 AA miles on suddenly become 3-4 cpm redemptions.