FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex Platinum 100k after $3,000 spend or Gold 50k after $1,000 spend [Expired]
Old Jan 7, 2013, 11:18 pm
psychoandy

Programs: UA 1K, AA GLD
just got approved and my credit score isn't that hot (but i already have a biz product). i hope amex doesn't reneg on this...great way to join the amex family if i do say so myself.

Originally Posted by alrvd83
I just got approved for the PRG. I travel a ton for work, but I never have the desire to go and sit in the lounges. I prefer to get to the airport 1.5 hrs ahead of time, go straight to my gate and get on the plane..lol. So i decided against the Plat...maybe after I have the PRG for awhile, ill upgrade to the Plat..who knows
the plat is not a card you use for everyday spending; you sign up and spend for the incredible 100k bonus (and $200 airline credit + global entry credit) + services like FHR, maybe international use, and that's it.

i actually lucked out unexpectedly. i got the business gold card (with 3x airfare, 2x gas) with a 75k bonus a couple months ago, and that needed 10k over 4 months. 3x airfare/2x gas isn't bad, but in conjunction with chase ink it's great! now with amex personal plat, add 100k miles + extra little perks like lounge access (good for irrops) and credits, it's lookin real good!