FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lounge Access with A3*G Card but non-*G status on boarding pass
Old Jan 7, 2013, 12:48 pm
Nicodemus75

Programs: AC*E50K, UA*S, A3*S, NEXUS, Accor Platinum, MLife Platinum
Originally Posted by berlinflyer83
I did a few weeks ago, in a special circumstance, but it's technically possible.

I had a flight with US airways starting with a Lufthansa segment. I originally had my LH # in there as I had planned to make FTL last year. I decided about a week before departure to credit the miles to A3 instead, since it would bring me most of the way to *G.

However, at check-in, Lufthansa's stupid systems switched it all back to M&M without asking me anything, and I noticed on my BP that printed at the airport. LH said they couldn't fix it.

I called and tweeted US a few times while I was underway, and they eventually put back my A3 number on the US airways flights. Their flights all credited correctly.

Still trying to get Lufthansa to credit the miles from LH metal flights to A3.
This is indeed a different circumstance. I assume that it was the initial segments that were flown on LH? There are numerous reports that once an MM number is attached to a reservation on LH flights, it is very difficult to change the FF#, and that in many cases the miles will credit to MM even if you do manage to get the number changed.

Did you use any benefits on the itinerary? (ie. baggage allowance or lounge access, etc.) You don't mention having status with MM or any other program, in which case it wouldn't violate US policy.

Asking US to change the FF# on their operated flights is a slightly different case, since it is not as if you are asking US to make a change after check-in with THEM or after their portion of the itinerary has started. They probably consider your point of origin with them, as opposed to the origin on another carrier.

Last edited by Nicodemus75; Jan 7, 2013 at 12:53 pm