FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DL: LAX-JFK-SJU $406 RT (8144 mqm / 4.9 cpm: must be purchased by Jan 14)
Old Jan 6, 2013, 9:18 pm
tw1

Programs: DL PM; HH Diamond; SPG Gold; Hertz Gold; Global Entry/Pre✓; DL Amex Reserve; BB Prem Silver
DL: LAX-JFK-SJU $406 RT (8144 mqm / 4.9 cpm: must be purchased by Jan 14)

I completed a mileage run late last year (LAX-MSP-ANC-MSP-LAX) to make PM but I am still fairly new to mileage runs and this is my first post about one so be gentle, haha! I am shooting to crack DM this year and was unable to rollover much of anything as I just became a SkyMiles member in August. I've already booked the LAX-MIA run Delta Point's Rene posted and I figured I'd post this one to share and get feedback as to whether or not it looks like a worthwhile deal.

It's also worth noting that for $884 (7.2 cpm) you can book the entire run in business elite to earn 12,214 MQM. This might be good if looking to bank more MQM in one sitting and/or for those folks not looking to leave the direct LAX - JFK (vise versa) upgrades to chance. Certainly a better deal than paying $995 to Delta for $10,000 MQM IMHO, although it obviously won't combine with qualifying miles from the 2012 calendar year like buying MQM before 1/31 will.

Last edited by tw1; Jan 7, 2013 at 9:12 am Reason: accuracy