FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Guide: NRT / Tokyo Narita Int'l. Admirals Club & oneworld Lounges
Old Jan 6, 2013, 8:30 pm
Penguinmoon

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
Originally Posted by saunders111
Just one data point:
On 12/30 at about 10-12 AM, I compared the JL Business lounge and the AC at NRT (I did not have access to the Sakura FC lounge). The AC was much much nicer:
much less crowded
much quieter
about eight food choices in AC, including little sandwich wrap thingies, as opposed to just cheese balls and crackers at the JL lounge
roughly equivalent drinks, but I did not look too closely at that; self serve in both lounges. I think I had a glass of pineapple juice in each lounge.
power outlets everywhere in AC, as opposed to hard to find at JL

I was a bit surprised, since my prejudice had led me to expect that the JL lounge would be nicer than the AC. But the AC was really well ahead.

I have been to the JL First lounge before, about three years ago, and it was of course much nicer than either of the business lounges.

At the entrance to the JL lounge, there was a sign indicating that there is a new FC lounge opening up (or open now?) upstairs above the existing lounge. Have any of you visited it? Is it significantly nicer or different than the JL FC lounge of a few years ago?

Thanks,
saunders111
Good question about the new lounge upstairs. Can anyone that qualifies use it as well? I just stick the the one downstairs and haven't tried it yet....