FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022)
Old Jan 6, 2013, 1:09 am
mnredfox
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by trueblu
I disagree -- loved our stay at the IC -- and I do think we get a bit obsessed as FTers about lounge access etc. Sure, it's great to have, for the convenience of a late night snack or a free breakfast, but if one didn't have it (as we didn't at the IC), we made do very nicely, and just loved the service in the hotel, not to mention our room and the pool.

tb
Originally Posted by cyberon
I stayed at both the Intercont (Salisbury Road) and the Conrad.
Definitely go for the Conrad, as a Gold Hilton member I was given access to the lounge, free breakfast and higher floors.

The Intercont was extremely disappointing. As an Ambassador and Platinum Priority member, this meant nothing. The welcome gift was laughable. (a small bottle of perfume in an IHG box) The only positive was the view. The Intercont wanted to charge extra for sugar and tea bags as well once they were used up. Absolutely rediculous!
The rooms were in a need of an upgrade and it definitely felt like a 4 star hotel, and we were in the supreme harbour view rooms which were double the size of the normal ones, so god knows how awful the standard rooms are.
Both posts are pretty accurate IMO. The IC is a great property, and service is fantastic. But the treatment as an RA is definitely lacking compared to other IC's. OTOH, treatment at the Conrad for both Golds and HH Diamonds is quite good, if all you want is lounge access.

I think depends on what you want. If you don't care about lounge access, I say choose based upon location.