FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Washington Dulles Airport (IAD, Northern Virginia)
Old Jan 5, 2013, 7:45 am
TrojanHorse
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
My first question is where do you go to when in the area? Westfields is south of IAD and closer to Fairfax and Chantilly. IAD the on campus is just that but there is nothing but a gas station in walking distance (although I presume you have a car). The Suites is in Herndon (East of IAD) and has some stuff around it. Other Marriott properties could be in Sterling (north of IAD). Some have stuff around it, some do not. As you well know the RI at 28 Dulles Center is located in nice little area where there are plenty of places to eat and shop.

this question is best answered by where you travel to in the area

Originally Posted by sammyindc
How long do they let you leave your car there? Have an upcoming trip fro IAD and was thinking instead of parking at the airport, staying for a night at the Dulles Marriott, park the car and take the shuttle. Cost of parking comes out to the same as a 1 night stay so I figured I'd rather get points for the money I'm spending. Will be gone for about 5-6 days.
They now put hang tags in the windshields which seems ~relatively new and I'm not sure of the coding yet as to how they allocated the different tags