FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Frontier needs the Luv now. MOVE OVER SW!
Old Jan 4, 2013, 2:19 pm
Earthlings

Originally Posted by DenverF9Flier
I "cheated" on Frontier with SW twice this last year, once due to a route that Frontier didn't fly, and again due to significantly better price/schedule. SW comped A-List status to Frontier FF's for the end of the year so I got to experience their elite experience as well.

Results:
Trip 1 was OK, despite status I waited for 45 minutes at security in PIT as no one was checking/enforcing the elite line. Also I found the whole seating process very stressful, was flying with a companion who did not have A-List status and didn't know how it would work out (it did, but I hated the uncertainty of not knowing whether we'd be seated together).

Trip 2, arrived in LGA at the crack of dawn, only to sit for 3 hours due to a mechanical issue before the flight took off. No apology, voucher, compensation, or anything else sent after-the-fact.

The verdict:
Unless presented with overwhelmingly better fare/schedule or a route which F9 doesn't fly with no alternative, I would not choose fly SW again, now that the free elite status has expired.

So were you able to sit next to your companion on TRIP 1? Did you try to save the seat next to the person with your jacket or bag? Or did someone want to sit in your row and take the seat with someone else?

SW and Frontier have usually the same price for my destination I fly a lot. But sometimes, one airline has a much more higher price. So then I wouldn't buy rt, and book OW trips with the carriers.