FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FT Do - Jersey C.I. 27 April 2013
View Single Post
Old Jan 4, 2013, 3:55 am
T8191
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
FT Do - Jersey C.I. 27 April 2013

OK, let's DO IT.

Date/TimeSaturday 27 April, 1200 - >>>>>

• The Bar, St Helier [on the Waterfront by Cineworld, and near the Radisson Bleu].
  • The Bar's website is here with their new and amusing Menu etc. [Revised web-link]
Originally Posted by T8191 … Updated 25 April
Food and Drink.
  • We will have a section of the Bar and a separate dining area reserved for us. We will be upstairs and outside!! ^
  • Rather than a single long table, I've asked for groups of smaller tables.
  • The kitchen will be in operation for us from 1200-1800: so basically eat when you wish. I'm conscious that everyone's different arrival times and overall schedules makes a single sitting rather impractical.
  • PLEASE don't all try to order at the same time, or the kitchen will get swamped!!
  • There's a Wedding Reception booked in for 1800, so at that time we will have to drift to the downstairs Bar. The sun will have gone by then anyway, so likely to be a bit chilly outside.
  • Yes, they take Amex
Originally Posted by T8191 … Update, 6 Mar
  • There will also be an evening buffet at the Radisson for those who express an interest. List being compiled at Post #670 by CreativeBill - names will be transferred to this post later.
  • Details are being arranged by a 3rd Party who cannot communicate through FT.
  • The same non-person has also arranged, for those staying at the Radisson, a welcome gift and double points … which is why he/I need your booking reference. Please PM me if you haven't done so already.
  • Not yet sure whether anyone is planning on just staying at The Bar in the evening, but an FT-er will be running the Disco. Just saying.
Hopefully these photos put things in perspective. Apologies to the JEP, the Parish Magazine and Liberation Group for scanning them - think of it as free advertising.

Upstairs, Outside … until 1800, when we will have to relocate downstairs.

Downstairs, Inside … for those with stamina, until the proceedings move to the Radisson.

General Info
  • Currency is £STG, but we have our own banknotes/coins. UK notes/coins mingle freely with ours, but any JER notes you take back to UK will have to changed at a bank. You can always ask for UK notes when receiving change: most establishments oblige if they have any.
  • Shops are almost all closed on Sunday.
  • Click here for on-line News and Weather.
  • Weather looking slightly better than earlier forecasts … follow The Weather Channel
  • Click here for the Jersey Tourism website.
  • Click here for Jersey Airport.
  • Click here for Bus details - in a state of flux at the moment, with a new operator. It will have settled down by the time you arrive!
  • The current, free, "What's On" booklet and Visitor Maps are on the left as you enter Baggage Reclaim, and also in the Arrivals lobby.

Things to do when not drinking.
  • Click here to consider 'Adult attractions' and places to visit.
  • Click here for the German Underground Hospital - really quite moving.
  • Click Here for the Jersey Museum. Not exactly clear when it opens, though.

Those attending = 47in no particular order but 'residents marked *
* T8191
* iWife
thundercat
BotB + 1
jackowilkinson
pinkcat + 1
windblown mind
lxshaggy + 1 + 2 friends.
corporate_wage_slave
fredandgingermad + 1
PanGalactic +2
* Athlete95
flashware
circumknowitall
chris1979
eejp1007
boadh398
stifle + 1
Yahillwe
* SmilerJER
CreativeBill + 1
haasha
AflyR
Stevieed
Travelfan199
dera
*JerseyJ
Physci + 1
Top of Climb
SWISSBOBBY
Aus_Mal
Angeloedades
LostEthics
skye1
BlackBerryAddict
papaBear

(deleted potential visitors)

As some people seem keen to take advantage of RFS fares, I tentatively offer the thought of a repeat of the 2012 event.
Doing it in May [for better weather prospects] would be nice. However, I'll be hopping into 63B in the middle of the month, so someone else would have to take charge [and I'll miss a "home game"].
Your thoughts, Ladies and Gentlemen? Date? Same location? Whichever.

Last edited by T8191; Apr 26, 2013 at 1:32 pm Reason: Updates on attendance, added details, more stuff.