FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any Travel Tips for Women?
View Single Post
Old Jan 3, 2013, 6:00 pm
Consultette

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by CDTraveler
flyquiet do you have a mobile device with any sort of fax capability? In my area (near PHL) a number of decent restaurants now offer take out ordering via fax - fax in the order, they prepare and pack it and you pick it up and dine where you are comfortable. Some also offer ordering via the web.

If you combined various Internet tools, you could use Yelp or Yahoo Local to find a restaurant near your daytime location, send in your order via fax or web and then pick up the meal en route back to your hotel. Would that be helpful to you?
Grubhub is a lifesaver for me. You don't even need a fax number - there is an app for it or you can order on their website. You can read reviews of restuarants, check out the menu, and order food online. No need for a fax or phone call! You can order ahead of time for both pickup and delivery. I have used it many times and love it.

Chipotle also has an app and I believe their website has the functionality to order food for pickup as well. You simply select the nearest location (the app even calculates the distance and shows you which is closest!), order your food, and pick it up. I typically use it to order ahead and dine in the restaurant. Not once have I had a problem with them making my order wrong.

There is also "Snapfinger" which I used to use a lot when I was in Cali more (similar to grub hub) and Dominos has an app where you can order food and track it with their pizza tracker (no joke, I love it!).

Hopfully these provide you with a few more options. I am one of those people that would really rather streamline my day and tend to rely on my apps for everything. These are some of my favorite I have come across.