FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread
Old Jan 3, 2013, 6:47 am
jamesteroh
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by DCBob
Did you know that those of us who joined Global Entry when it was a new program have NO GE cards? Yes, I can buy one for $15, put why should I pay for something that everyone else is getting free now? I do have a CBP sticker in the back of my passport to supposedly identify me as a GE member.

The BEST solution, and the one used at Terminal 1 (United) at ORD, is to have a person scanning EVERY BP at the BEGINNING of the TSA Pre✓™ line. DCA does not do this and will let anyone into the TSA Pre✓™ line. All I say is "Global Entry" when asked and I'm in.

But I also am a DM with DL and a Premier Plat with UA. So I would only have a problem with your proposal at one of the other airlines. CBP should step up to the plate and issue GE cards to all of us early adopters.
If someone has the sticker on their passport wouldn't that be enough to prove to TSA a person is precheck eligible? And I agree the earlier GE holders should recieve a card for free.

The best option would be to scan every BP and if the person gets one beep they go in the regular line if they don't have sky priority on their BP and the SP line if they do. That practice would discourage the people who have no Precheck access from just going to the Precheck line knowing they will only get one beep but still realizing the line is a lot shorter to go through for screening.