FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread
Old Jan 3, 2013, 6:09 am
DCBob

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I would love to see ALL airport with Precheck require people to show their GE card if their boarding pass doesn't say SP in order to enter that line.

Once precheck becomes more popular, I can see the kettles without GE/Nexus going to the precheck kiosk just because the line is a lot shorter.
Did you know that those of us who joined Global Entry when it was a new program have NO GE cards? Yes, I can buy one for $15, put why should I pay for something that everyone else is getting free now? I do have a CBP sticker in the back of my passport to supposedly identify me as a GE member.

The BEST solution, and the one used at Terminal 1 (United) at ORD, is to have a person scanning EVERY BP at the BEGINNING of the TSA Pre✓™ line. DCA does not do this and will let anyone into the TSA Pre✓™ line. All I say is "Global Entry" when asked and I'm in.

But I also am a DM with DL and a Premier Plat with UA. So I would only have a problem with your proposal at one of the other airlines. CBP should step up to the plate and issue GE cards to all of us early adopters.