FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread
Old Jan 2, 2013, 1:16 pm
FriendlySkies
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by mnbp
First, logon to DL.com. Click on "Go to My Delta", then "View My Profile", then click "Open" for "Basic Info". On the "Basic Info" page there is a section labeled "Secure Flight Passenger Data". Make sure THIS information matches your government-issued ID (presumably a driver license). If your government-issued ID uses your full middle name, list your full middle name. If middle initial, list middle initial. The point is to make this info match your ID.

Second, check an existing upcoming reservation. Bring up the reservation and select "> Passenger Information". You'll see a section labeled "Secure Flight Passenger Data". Make sure this section matches your government-issued ID. Click the check box that says "Save my Secure Flight Passenger Data".

You will want to check each upcoming reservation's Secure Flight Passenger Data until you start to consistently get TSA PreCheck to make sure the data in each reservation record matches your government-issued ID. It is the Secure Flight Passenger Data as saved in each reservation that is sent to TSA for precheck eligibility, which is why you need to check each upcoming reservation to make sure it's right.
Having the secure flight data match a DL does not matter. If the OP were a GE/NEXUS member, then they would want the secure flight data to match what is listed in GOES.