FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fairmont The Palm, Dubai
View Single Post
Old Dec 31, 2012, 4:39 am
Kanaman

Programs: M&M 0*SEN (LH *G), TK *G, Accor Silver, HHonors Gold
Fairmont The Palm, Dubai

The new Fairmont on the The Palm Jumeirah opened partially on Dec. 15, 2012, and I had the pleasure of staying there Dec. 22-25 with a friend. I posted the below review on TripAdvisor. My previous experience with Fairmont consists of the properties in Abu Dhabi (what a fantastic place) Calgary and Monte Carlo.

We stayed for three nights in a Fairmont Deluxe Room (#239) as part of of the hotel's opening special. A few days before arrival a member of the staff called me to mention that the hotel was not yet fully operational, meaning in particular only two restaurants were open and they didn't have their liquor license yet. This was a good way to manage expectation.

The things I liked include the very friendly and service-minded staff, particularly a very knowledgeable concierge desk; the well-equipped room (office supplies, bath salt and dental care products); and the quality of the Flow Kitchen restaurant.

I would suggest that the hotel address the following points: Make sure the TV works, ensure room service breakfast includes all the items ordered, and install a light on the balcony.

The hotel is located on the Palm Jumeirah island. Walking to the mainland takes about 30 minutes, but isn't really recommended as there are not always easily accessible sidewalks along the way - we had to climb over a few blockades here and there. I understand the monorail station nearby will open soon.

I would happily recommend Fairmont The Palm for anyone looking for a five-star experience, especially if you like Arabian decor.