FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 787 Economy Class Reviews
View Single Post
Old Dec 31, 2012, 1:41 am
ngfan

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
787 Economy Class Reviews

Had my QR 787 test flight yesterday DXB-DOH-DXB in Y (A7-BCA both directions)

My obervations:

Nice, airy cabin with large 777 overhead bins. Tight seat pitch, width ok when neighbour seat is empty. Window and aisle seat with the awful computer box underneath the front seats -> a no go -> compares to the cramped LH's A340 Y :-(
Cabin pressure and humidity really seems to make a difference (good), the tintable window is a nice geek. ICE looks very good but flight was too short for extensive testing. No external camera views like on the A380 :-( ICE on my return flight did not work though (screen black except for central feeds like Safety video, seat 31K). Nice ambience lighting. Food service a hot sandwich both ways (but different styles). In the back cabin emergency Row 26 and Row 34 have no windows.

Side notes: C really looks great. Beautiful cabin ambience. Row 6 on longhauls is awful as expected. C class toilets both sides and the inflight Bar gatherings in front :-( Only the view of the front C cabin is a treat but not worth it comparing to the downsides.

And yes, Immigration in DXB at T1 was awful both ways. Outbound 35 minutes (afternoon) with an extra passport check with no reason given (officers looked pretty clueless), 1:20 hrs on the inbound (evening) :-(

Overall, a nice new aircraft with a beautiful C class, Y with latest inflight entertainment but seating bad for longhauls. Al Bakers marketing blabla of an unprecedented experience in Y is wrong, cramped seating can be had on many other airlines already like LH, EK, etc. On longhauls Rows 1-5 for me only please

Last edited by ngfan; Dec 31, 2012 at 1:50 am