FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying over new years (what to expect on UA flights)?
Old Dec 30, 2012, 9:18 pm
Mike Jacoubowsky

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
After my experience on a very short (SFO-LAX, in F) hop tonight, I'd be more concerned about your fellow passengers than anything the crew might do. I had no idea there was time on such a short flight to serve the guy next to me three drinks. Nor did I expect to hear someone yelling at a football game during a flight (DirectTV). At the end of the flight he had hiccups. Maybe unrelated. But I could just see him getting into a car and driving home from the airport...

(New info: Just got off my final flight for 2012, where I sat in a Coven of FAs positioning for a flight to Shanghai. There's a rule, apparently it's an FAR, that says one drink per 60 minutes. Hopefully the 2nd and 3rd drinks were heavily watered down!)

Anyway, got me to thinking what it might be like, if you were on a flight where people were having the same sort of good time on the plane that they might have wanted to at home.

Last edited by Mike Jacoubowsky; Dec 31, 2012 at 1:02 am Reason: new info