FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAX > HKG first class which Airline?
View Single Post
Old Dec 30, 2012, 11:55 am
dvs7310

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by samurai06

How is ANA first class compared to OZ and SQ? thanks
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
NH F is totally comparable with OZ F, it all comes down to you like Korean food or Japanese food more. Just a note, NH F will be a lot harder to get compare with OZ F, NH F will often only release seats last minute (3 weeks or less). So I suggest you look for the dates first to see what's available to you.
Your transpac flight on either carrier is going to be excellent, you can't go wrong with OZ or NH. There is a dramatic difference however in the 4+ hour flight from either ICN or NRT to HKG. With the exception of the 763s and A320/A321s, OZ has at least a decent C seat intra-Asia and depending on the equipment as another poster mentioned you may get even better... now NH on the other hand runs their 763s on this route (NRT) primarily and the C seat on that plane is pretty craptastic. I also personally find their C meal selection intra-Asia to be rather lacking. They do run a 777 morning service from HND but that is going to add an unnecessary transfer between airports in Tokyo and an overnight. If that part of the trip is important to you then I'd go with OZ (assuming avoiding the 1 daily A321 and availability of course).