FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using Delta Miles, Virgin Australia to New Zealand, Queenstown, Sydney, with Pictures
Old Dec 29, 2012, 4:47 pm
Bikeguy

Programs: HHonors Gold , National Emerald Exec, Hertz Presidents, Delta Gold
Before we headed to the airport, I walked the Sydney bridge and took this photo. Thought the photo did a good job of showing the location of the Park Hyatt Sydney to the bridge ad the Opera House.

Caught the train back to the airport and enjoyed the Air New Zealand lounge.

We had 2 seats together in the middle with a 3rd person next to us. I tried to get 2 on the side, but they were all taken. The 3 in the middle really aren’t bad, as they install a divider for sleeping if you are not all together. And the arm rests are raised out of the way if you are together.

Really enjoyed the meal again. King prawns with sweet corn and basil salsa, smoked paprika dressing for starters.

Followed by Prawn, calamari, mussel paella with fine herbs

Finished with a delicious Fig and brown sugar bread and butter pudding with poached rhubarb and ginger.

The other thing I thought was over the top on VA is the towels in the bathroom. I couldn't find a place to put them after I dried my hands and asked one of the FAs where they went. He said in the garbage.

I thought it was fine and I can be pretty picky. Another great VA flight and crew.

Last edited by Bikeguy; Dec 29, 2012 at 5:02 pm