FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using Delta Miles, Virgin Australia to New Zealand, Queenstown, Sydney, with Pictures
Old Dec 29, 2012, 4:33 pm
Bikeguy

Programs: HHonors Gold , National Emerald Exec, Hertz Presidents, Delta Gold
As it was Friday, we walked up the hill to the Village Bizzarre, a Friday night only event with a bunch of really weird displays and exhibits. I bought a Mad Max T shirt, featuring Mad Maxes original police car done in “bronze”, as that is what the police were referred to in the movie. Got talking with the guy selling the shirts, and he said they were trying to film the 4th movie of the series, but it had rained heavily in the outback where the filming was to occur and there were flowers everywhere, which doesn’t fit a post apoctalyptic movie. Many Aussies having a great time in their Christmas best.

When we came back to the room, the Opera House looked cool at night:

Saturday we walked the Opera House park route and took a tour of the Governor’s mansion.

Got a great presentation there on the history of Australia and the role of the governor. Recommended. We then headed over to Bondi beach for the walk along the cliffs.

Does anyone else get an overblown sense of satisfaction of 1) figuring out what bus to catch, 2) catching the bus, and 3) actually getting to where you planned with no drama. I have no idea why accomplishing this fills me with this overwhelming sense of pride, similar to what I believe I‘d feel if I solved world hunger. Definitely overblown in my mind, versus what I actually accomplished.