FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit
Old Dec 28, 2012, 3:52 pm
mrstraveler

Originally Posted by Happy
Your CO card should have been automatically converted to a UA Explorer card already.

You will not get bonus for UA card because the cut off date was July 14 2011 - i.e. anyone who applied CO card after that date is deemed to have earned the CO/UA bonus and not eligible for a 2nd one.
Originally Posted by chrisj500
I have an exiting One Pass Mastercard obtained early 2012, that has been converted to a Mileage Plus Mastercard...

From the current terms and conditions:

This one-time bonus offer is valid only for first-time United MileagePlus Visa cardmembers with new accounts. Previous and existing United MileagePlus Visa cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer.

The wording has changed since earlier in the year... I've never held the Visa version, so I wonder if I'm in the clear to get a 2nd bonus.
Originally Posted by Paulchili
Yes - I had an identical situation and got the Explorer card with the full bonus while I still had the OnePass card (which I subsequently cancelled).

Originally Posted by Kadence
The same thing happened to me about 2 years ago. I cancelled a OnePass card and about 4 months later got an offer for another with 50k miles. I was approved for the card and denied the miles, even though I tried to convince them several times. So I would think you can't get the bonus for 2 Explorer cards.
I have read this entire thread and still can't get a definitive answer as to whether or not I'm eligible. I applied for a Continental MC, after 2011 cut off in January, it converted to United but closed it in September. Seems like some previous/current cardholders in this thread are receiving the signup bonus miles and some aren't. Should roll the dice on this offer?

Originally Posted by chrisj500
Yes, but the only thing I've found is a 25,000 bonus for the business card.
https://www.theexplorercard.com/MPBu...aspx?&cell=PNS
Thanks I was wondering about a business offer too.