FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Skymiles Change Rumor?
View Single Post
Old Dec 28, 2012, 4:39 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Deadtail
I think there has been changes to the program. For instance, I was recently able to SDC on an international flight. When I called the DM line and asked to do it, they said that officially I can't SDC on international flights, but they could do it for me. I called about an upcoming flight next week to ask for a specific J seat that was showing blocked (not occupied) on ExpertFlyer, they unblocked the seat and gave it to me. They said normally I would have to see a gate agent but they could do it for me.

I think Delta is now identifying HVC's and allowing the DM line some discretion.
IME the DM line has had some discretion from almost the beginning. Maybe this is being increased or more differentiation is being made behind the scenes among different levels of DM This sounds like what NW did with their supposed seven levels of PE before the merger. DL has and is reportedly using that NW software to evaluate top-tier FF customers.