FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Photo Trip Report: MBS@SIN, Hyatt@KUL & Pepper Crabs- SQ Intra-Asia Business Cabins
Old Dec 27, 2012, 5:05 pm
UA_Flyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
PEK-SIN on SQ 777-200 2 of 4

I like flying Singapore Airlines for its consistency in high quality offerings of both hard and soft products. I am not into the Singapore Girlish hypes, but more focused on the services they provide rather than the looks or the uniform they wear.

From the seats to IFE, from the wine selection to the quality of caterings, SQ just know how to do services right regardless of the elite status of the passengers, IMHO. SQ does not usually provide complimentary upgrades or upgrade instruments to its elite passengers to maintain and ensure high quality premium cabin offerings. Personally I don't see any problems with that approach. In this particular flight, there were only two passengers (one of them was me) in this mini cabin of 18 seats, and the entire business class cabin was less than 15% full in this 2-class aircraft. Services were outstanding!

I go out of my ways to fly UA for its schedules and route networks and obtain status for rainy days during irregular operations. I go out of my way to fly LH for its consistency and the network to major business centers in Europe for my several EU business trip a year. But, I go out of my way to fly SQ to actually enjoy the flying experience.

Last edited by UA_Flyer; Dec 27, 2012 at 5:22 pm