FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Denied Boarding on SQ Flight (UA Award Ticket) to Dubai due to Lack of Transit Visa
Old Dec 27, 2012, 3:12 pm
Often1
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by flighteye
Sorry, I'll simplify further:
-researched months ago that I don't need visa if in transit and stay less than 96 hrs. (The actual visa is applied in person on arrival and same for Shanghai or Beijing).
-i'm aware visa is my responsibility. However, is it my responsibility to research all the legs of my ticket will be fine with respect to each partner airline rules or United who issues the ticket?
You did not do the correct research. The embassy's website is quite clear that you need to contact Singapore to determine whether it will transport you without the transit visa. Had you called Singapore, the carrier would presumably have told you that it would not and you would have made the proper arrangements well in advance.

Seems tedious but many countries are bureaucratic. Yes, you can obtain the visa on arrival but that doesn't mean that the carrier will transport you without it.

3- Transit Visa ( 96 hours )

The Embassy does not issue Transit Visa, You should contact the airline company that will fly you to the UAE and enquire from them about the possibility of traveling to the UAE without prior visa.