FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New AirTran credit card: Targeted (?) offer for 32 credits!!
Old Dec 26, 2012, 4:46 pm
JohnMI
was jgoggan

Programs: WN 650k+CP; BA 200k; AA 200k; HHonors 450k; IHG 300k Plat; Bonvoy 250k; Rad 225k
So, just to add an interesting data point to this discussion... I met the spend on this and should have had 34 credits deposited into my A+ account (32 for the promo plus 2 more for the spend). Like some people, something odd happened -- only I had the 34 credits deposited not TWICE but THREE times. All at the same time on the same day. For a total of 102 credits. I already had 2 A+ credits from some survey back in July -- so I had 104 credits total in my A+ account.

I actually hadn't seen any threads about it yet, so I didn't realize this was happening to others. And, being brand new to A+ Rewards, I wasn't even sure it was a mistake at first -- I thought it was just something I was misunderstanding about how the credits worked.

In any case, I use Southwest primarily, so I transferred 56 of the credits to Southwest -- which created 6 standard (one-way) Southwest Awards plus 8 credits left over hanging. This left 48 credits left in my A+ account.

A few days later, my A+ balance dropped to 0. The 48 credits had vanished -- with no record of them -- nor any record of my transfers to Southwest from the AirTran side of things.

As of now, my Southwest awards and the 8 leftover credits still remain in my SW account. So, I'm thinking I might have gotten lucky with some bonus credits (although, now they expire in a year instead of two like they would have if they remained in my A+ account).

Now I'd be all set if it wasn't so difficult for me to find a reward flight on Southwest OR AirTran for where I want to go. The new SW points-based program is so much better -- no worries about blackout dates and such.

- John...