FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback
Old Dec 26, 2012, 11:04 am
Dolphinyong

Well, things get funny and absurd...Here goes the story...

At first, I file a BRG at their Istanbul property for their club room, got rejected with a screen shot showing every room type except the club room...Went to the website immediately, the club room has gone...Well, fine, I modified my reservation into deluxe room, then reply to them...Got a reply from them just now, rejected again, they can't 'see' the rate again, but well, it's clearly shown on the previous screen shot which they sent me for rejecting my club room BRG...now waiting for their further response, wonder how they are going to explain themselves...

Originally Posted by piiit
I am afraid yes.
But there won't be a scheme behind it, its just that sometimes they will verify as valid, then they directly kill the price on the 3rd party site and then there is this screenshot method.
And the rules often change and Hotels often are really unhappy with the Garantuee. You can score great value, but the time consumption and sometimes really weird rule interpretation killing more time and treating the customer like the 'bad guy that stays for free' really doesnt make this garantuee that great as it sounds.
I scored really good things, but the discussions and sometimes rant with one Manager calling me to tell me that she will not accept the garantuee no matter what 3 days after the claim got verified as valid reflects the inconsistency within the chain as well when it comes to Status Benefits, Platinum, Ambassador or Royal Ambassador which vary widely and change a lot as well.