FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lost Baggage Question
View Single Post
Old Dec 24, 2012, 6:41 pm
ilisira

Programs: US, Delta, and United Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by amrsid
So just a quick update..... It's been almost a month since my checked has been missing and TK is still investigating. Every time I ask for an update, I get the same "we are working very hard to locate your bag" reply. I've started the process of filing the claim with my travel insurance but that only gets applied after whatever the airline compensates.
Just saw this thread, and good luck with it. Earlier this year, one of my parents' luggage did not make it to the connection after IAD-IST flight. It took many days to figure out whether the piece stayed in IAD, or in IST before the local connection flight. And only after a couple of threads to call the police to confiscate the video of the underbelly of the airplane in the local station they magically found the luggage (this was on the sixth day).

And the worst case is, neither in the local station, or in IST we could not find anyone to talk about, or to ask about tracking. Only after I was able to talk someone in IAD, and they sent me the fax of a screen capture showing the luggage was loaded to the second flight things started to work.

I wish the best..