FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Will UA Grant Me Elite Status if I am XXX PQM/PQS/{PQD} Short of Qualifying?
Old Dec 24, 2012, 12:32 pm
Mike Jacoubowsky

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
If an elite tier is important, act, don't wait & hope

Originally Posted by milemonkey
Seriously? What if someone is 723 short of Gold?
Can't believe this thread just kind of hung on this one. Not much time to rectify the situation! The odds aren't in favor of United gifting *G status to someone 723 miles short, as I pointed out in my prior post in this thread. By the time you know if they've been "bad or good" it will be too late to do anything about it... and if it isn't too late, if they offer a subsequent buy-up opportunity after Jan 1, it will be very expensive.
Originally Posted by davidash
They should -- a call would help.
The don't give 1K status unless you actually have the full 100K, but Plat and Gold (and silver) they usually do
Whatever anecdotal experiences you've got to support the idea United is going to be that friendly, there's plenty in the opposite direction as well. If the desired elite tier is important to someone, they should do whatever they can to act now. Call first, beg or plead your case, and if you don't get anywhere (which is likely), get thee to an airport quickly! Or use elite maximizer, or buy PQMs (up to 5000) using Chase Points.

Last edited by Mike Jacoubowsky; Dec 24, 2012 at 12:37 pm Reason: merge