FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need advice and miles strategy for international adoption travel
Old Dec 21, 2012, 8:13 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jumpmonger23
So, here is my question: How do I go about accumulating 160k mileage for either program in the course of 12-18 months? I don't have the ability to do any MRs. I'm not averse, however, to doing many/multiple credit card offers, canceling, and repeating.
You need Chase' Ultimate Reward for the UA miles and AMEX Membership Reward for the Delta miles. Both programs are 1:1 transfer with occasionally bonus offers on the AMEX to Delta (not in 2012 but plentiful in 2011.)

Chase is your UA miles source - so you would need to get UA card, Sapphire Preferred and Ink cards - that would get you close enough to the 160K needed - you will NOT be able to do canceling and repeating - this is not 3 or 4 years ago environment. So in the case you are still in the mindset of that period, you would need to adjust - they are in the most part, one shot deals for the majority of folks. Though with Ink you can have 2 versions of it, therefore double your bonus by 2 to 50Kx2.

With SkyTeam, you are dealing with AMEX - Delta card and the AMEX own Membership Reward Cards namely both the personal and business version of Premiem Gold and Platinum.

Needless to say, even if you can get all these cards in a relatively short time span, the spend requirements to earn the sign up bonus is no small feat. You may be looking at 15K+ spend requirement for just one person's need of 160K miles.

Right on the top of this forum there is a STICKY pretty much gives you the best offers out there.