FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2013 “Who, When, Where, What and How” thread
Old Dec 21, 2012, 10:10 am
SFO_Chad

Programs: UA 1K (2MM), Marriott Lifetime Titanium (UGH), Uber Diamond
Who: I work for a medical device start-up company in the Bay Area. I spend about 75% of my time traveling to different hospitals checking in on "things".

When: I crossed over 100K sometime in October. I became a New Million Miler on March 3rd when I saw 350K miles hit my account. I became a real million miler on March 5th somewhere over Iowa on my way to Chicago.

How: Travel is mostly 90% work. I did start the year off with my first ever C class mileage run to LHR and then the following day did a same day return to JFK. No Tom S., but I crossed 25K on January 9.

Where: All domestic. Mostly LA, SEA, IND, ORD, MSY, IAH for work. TVC, HNL, PHX, SAN, JFK, LHR and LAS for fun.

Why: #1 - I do it because it is my job to fly. #2 - I use all my miles to fly my partner and myself to fun locations in the front of the plane. This year we had to cancel trips to Paris (10 year anniversary), South Africa and Bali (Honeymoon) and Greece (fun). But we will make them all up next year!!!

What: Hopefully 1K again by Q3. Going to make those special trips that we had to cancel happen. Plus I got in on the SQ mistake and grabbed a couple of first class seats to Japan.

Safe travels everyone!!