FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Finland, Finnair, and credit cards - pre 2020 discussion
Old Dec 21, 2012, 4:20 am
NoWindowSeat
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
It used to be 15ke for Gold and 7,5ke for Green. Last year they didn't waive the fee for the partner card anymore and I cancelled the partner card and also jumped over to DC as my/our main card. As a result I had <15ke and they wanted the 170eur for my card for 2013 and I just cut the card in half..done with AX for now. To me they tried all tricks like giving discount on the fee, restaurant vouchers, hotel vouchers....I just couldn't bother...AX is nothing special anyway (in Finland) and I would never pay anything to use their card = giving business to them!

BTW: those 15/7,5ke "deals" seem to be history now..only valid for old customers...but you never know what is the reality as AX clearly tells different stuff to people...last year when I cancelled the partner card they said to me that "no one gets partner cards waived anymore" - total b*****t..not the kind of customer service you'd expect to get from a world class?? brand like AX..shameful, actually..