FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How is QR a 5 star airline?
View Single Post
Old Dec 21, 2012, 3:14 am
SAA340

Programs: QR Silver
First of all I have to say I completely disagree when it comes to your description of QR cabin crew. I have the complete opposite experience (all based on 8 long hauls last year, all in Y). As I moved from Burgundy to Gold I was greeted as soon as the seatbelt sign light shut off, always by name, and first choice of food, and on one flight from OSL-DOH the person greeting me went into the front cabin and got me a copy of the New York Times. Throughout all my flights the attendants were smiling, cheerful and genuinely happy. On 3 flights as Silver I was flying alone, in smack full aircrafts, and had a free seat next to me, which was lovely! Now, I don´t know if that was because of my status, but I did not see any other free seats in Y.

As far as the lounge in DOH I will agree with you, as I have pointed out in other forums, the Oyx Lounge is not up to scratch for a 5* ailine, in my mind. Food offerings are bad (comparing to Shongololo Lounge in JNB, OSL Lounge in OSL, various LH lounges in FRA, *A Lounge at LHR, two lounges at NBO).

Other than that I am quite happy with QR, though I am really looking forward to NDIA opening, as I am sure it will improve ground service by miles, in terms of lounges, priority boarding, fast track security etc.

So, in some aspects I agree, but I tend to agree more with the other posting above.
In my mind they are 5* in the air, but a bit more lacklustre on the ground, until NDIA opens.