FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Palace Hotel, Moscow, Russian Federation [Master Thread]
Old Dec 19, 2012, 7:58 am
jbcarioca

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
Originally Posted by aaronhurd
Has anyone stayed at this property lately? Was thinking of booking it as part of an extended weekend in Moscow.
I stayed there last about a month ago; I stay there about half the time I'm in Moscow. The hotel is close to the Metro and is convenient for walking to lots of restaurants. The rooms are nice enough and the breakfast is nice, the
late afternoon spread starts around 18:00 or so. You're offered a decent choice of free alcohol and usually very good food too. I have made it dinner numerous times, often tipsy because the service is sometimes overly enthusiastic about refilling drinks.

Compared with most other choices I prefer the Palace because of convenience and relatively modest prices.

I have stayed in the Renaissance (nice but in the middle of nowhere), National (old world expensive) Hilton (you must stay there once, preferably one night, just so you have stayed in the iconic building), and a half dozen others.