FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]
View Single Post
Old Dec 19, 2012, 2:23 am
YuropFlyer

Originally Posted by nabeelj
I'm connecting YUL-ZRH-CAI in LX J with a 3.5 hr layover, travelling with 2 young children (5 and 3). I understanding I arrive and depart from E.

Considering I have kids with me and will probably want to spend an hour at the Play Area in E, does it make sense to just stick to the Panorama Lounge, take the train to the SWISS lounge in D, or clear passport control and use the SWISS lounge in A/B?
I would absolutely stay in the Panorama lounge.

Unless you're a Senator or *G member, you won't have access to the Swiss Senator (which are anyway not that much better than the Panorama) lounges in A or D anyway, and the business lounges are - more or less - the same as the Panorama lounge.

Dock E, especially the quieter upper area around the Panorama lounge, does offer enough space for your kids to discover, watch planes, and the 3.5 hours will definitely go away in a breeze.

If your kids like to ride a little train, then you can just go down to the train station in Dock E after a while of staying in the Panorama lounge and ride the "Heidi" train back to the A gates, get off, and take the next train back - about 5 minutes for the "roundtrip" and "muuuuuh" included. Actually, I would do that