FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Okinawa, Japan
View Single Post
Old Dec 19, 2012, 12:04 am
nightowlrn

12/12 Okinawa Resort & Spa Trip Report

First - it is winter here. No outdoor pool and no beach activities as one might expect in the winter. However, every other offering is available.

I have Platinum status. We arrived after midnight last night. The staff were obviously waiting for us and I felt bad, but I had emailed and advised them we would be arriving late. They were very welcoming and the check in process was fast. Even at that late time, they offered to bring us our welcome amenity - but we told them to rest and send it up the next day.

Our two rooms were upgraded to the Executive floor. Each has a water view lanai. The wireless internet is fast. I am traveling with my husband, and our adult sons have joined us for this portion of our trip. The boys received breakfast coupons for each morning, so they have their choice of the lounge or the buffet. They did the lounge this morning, so no comments on the breakfast buffet.

We woke up to amazing water views! The floor to ceiling and wall to wall are glass, so the view is perfect. In the lounge this morning, there were 4 juices in glass carafes on ice. A coffee machine made everything from coffee to cappuccino. There were scrambled eggs, a nice selection of breads and croissants, fresh fruit salad, yogurt, a nice selection of jams, and cereal/granola packets. Also, some cheeses, some lox, and what looked like sliced salami. The offering more than met our needs. At 11am, they set out a selection of sweet bread. There was juice and the coffee for beverage.

We aren't the buffet sorts so no report, but the lunch is 1800 JPY and dinner is 4000 for adults. There are four restaurants on site and it looks like all are around $50USD/pp excluding drinks. Kids 6 and under are free. This is gratuity and tax included, so figure 25% less for comparison to a meal in the US. We plan on only breakfast on site and then going out for dinner, but I understand there will be appetizers and cocktails at 5pm and desserts at 7pm.

Food choices otherwise are very limited on site. There is no room service. There is a little shop a short walk towards the beach (or take their free shuttle) for chips, drinks, and to go food. The shop is open year round.
Overall - A+ so far. The staff are great, the Executive floor rooms are large and comfortable. In the US, resorts offer nothing, nada, zip - so the lounge food offering is a bonus.

Executive floor guests have full access to the spa (normally 1000/day), which is an added bonus.

5pm appetizer update -- beautifully presented appetizers. This is likely not something most would consider dinner. Dumplings, assorted sushi presentations, chips, and a variety of alcohol - gin, scotch, rum - and juices and sodas.

Last edited by nightowlrn; Dec 19, 2012 at 1:55 am Reason: updating