FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 250 bonus miles for e-store purchases in October 2012
Old Dec 18, 2012, 5:47 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by RTW1
Classy... making a donation and then contesting charges.
Classy? Tell me who is classy here. Avianca certainly is not. Even PetSmart Charities are not. Two of my charges ended up being "recurring" charges (guess I checked a box when making the donation). Fair enough - only $1 x 2 each month. I tried calling PetSmart Charities to stop the automatic recurring charges. What a mess. Called the number for PetSmart Charities on my credit card statement, got a live person who then connected me to someone else, who also could not help. This second person gave me a different phone number and extension number to call to resolve it. Even with typing in the extension number I got a huge phone tree. Finally got to a live person who could not help, but who transferred me to yet a fourth person. This fourth person also could not help, but gave me a phone number to call. Guess what the number was? The same one I had called initially.

I then called my credit card company and asked that no further charges by this company be automatically charged to my card. PetSmart Charities sure makes it easy to start such a recurring charge but make it all but impossible to stop it. Talk about "classy."