FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best breakfast in Paris?
View Single Post
Old Dec 17, 2012, 4:42 pm
nicolas75
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by aa4ever
One other idea, polar opposite, but with Pierre Herme pastries. Go to his boutique in the 6th (rue bonaparte, opens at 10am) and buy whatever you want there (viennoiseries, macarons, "real" pastry). Then bring it to the nearby Cafe St Sulpice, where they will allow you to eat your PH pastries if you get a coffee (or anything else) there. Then, you're right around the Luxembourg gardens and in the very pleasant 6th arr, in a fairly Parisian cafe, with the best pastries in Paris. Of course, if you want hot breakfast, this is not the way to go. Also, this is fairly close to the Luxembourg Stop of the RER B, so super-convenient for getting to/from CDG.

I still would vote for Dalloyau, which I think would be perfect, especially considering it is right across from the RER B stop.
Great idea!
I love Pierre Hermé.

Another options would be in the immediate district:
- Gérard Mulot, 76 rue de Seine: great brioches, croissants and bread. You may see Gérard Depardieu buying his bread... before he goes to Belgium to evade taxation
- La Pâtisserie des Rêves by Philippe Conticini, 96 rue du Bac (elaborate pastries can be disppointing, but I love their basic ones, like financier, brioche feuilletée, madeleines, kougloff, and my favourite: the kouign amann)
- Hugo & Victor, 40 bd Raspail: in a décor of a jewelry shop, you will not resist to the temptation of delicious creations.

Enjoy!