FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MR to China - Visa Needed?
View Single Post
Old Dec 17, 2012, 8:01 am
zig2

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by 110pgl
With respect, you don't know what you are talking about.

I - and several others - have done it on mileage runs before to both PVG and PEK. (PVG is a favorite for mileage runs due to the less expensive premium fares.)

In this case, the 3rd country is the returning country. (When they create these transit rules, they don't think about us doing mileage runs.)

(Another example.... Russia - visa required, unless you are returning immediately.)

Moderator - please delete these posts (including this one) and lets get back to premium fares.
I am Chinese and I clearly remember that two years ago I read on a newspaper someone got fined on a US-PVG-US immediate return. Of course it's his stupidity to tell the immigration that he's doing US-PVG-US for miles without a visa since in practice most people doesn't care. But still, it's a YMMV situation.

EDIT: here is a link for the news: http://xwcb.eastday.com/c/20101201/u1a830803.html . It's in Chinese but google translate will do the work. It's a Canadian citizen, but I don't think US citizen works any better than Canadians.