FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Doubletree refuses to release $6k in cc authorizations
Old Dec 16, 2012, 2:15 am
holtju2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by ecaarch
I recently stayed in a single at the Doubletree in Jersey City (franchised hotel) on business. Without going into great detail, I had a number of billing issues during my 11 night stay but they were finally resolved before I checked out. I paid in full ($4400) and checked out, yet the hotel continues to hold $6000 in authorizations against my Skymiles AmEx. AmEx says since they aren't actual charges, AmEx cannot reverse them but that the hotel has to release them. Despite multiple calls, the hotel is unresponsive, and the $6000 reduction of my credit is cramping my style.

Does anyone know of a Hilton rep or contact that I can contact to intervene on my behalf?
Those authorizations will eventually drop off (5 to 30 days) and that time frame is entirely within the control of Amex. Normally, the initial authorization will drop off at the time of the final charge going through. If you had some billing issues, it might be the case that these were no longer synced.

If $6K temporarily credit line reduction is cramping your style, maybe it is time for some lifestyle adjustment.

Last edited by holtju2; Dec 16, 2012 at 9:20 am Reason: tyo