FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TR - Mostly Star Alliance SYD-CPH the long way
Old Dec 15, 2012, 10:57 pm
sydunipete

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Gold, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by amolkold
If this is the long way, then what's the short way?
Yeah, I know. I struggled with the title. In my defence, there's a fair bit of running around before I get back to CPH for the trip home.

Perhaps "A Star Alliance comparison" might be a better title as the trip covers 3 Star Alliance carriers, different classes, paid for and reward seats. (The reward seats cost me more in taxes than the entire EasyJet itinerary.)

What about "a bottle a day keeps the taxman at bay"? At the end of the trip I'll describe my trauma associated with importing a dozen bottles of Bordeaux wine. I shudder to think what the total cost per bottle is, so I've purposely not got out the calculator.

Or just "a different itinerary". When I travel alone I usually visit more interesting places (eg Iceland) and get to sample restaurants, bars, nightlife etc. This trip with the better half I got to sample shoe shops, department stores and jewelry outlets (more than those joyous experiences later).

Regardless, I hope it's a bit of fun and you enjoy the trip.