FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Frontier LAX-DEN-LGA Classic Plus December 2012
Old Dec 15, 2012, 10:54 am
Carfield

The F/As first went through the cabin and activated the free Live TV for Classic Plus passengers, as well as those elite members without their actual membership cards. Then the service began with the buy on board cart, which features many snack items, such as chips, M&M, and Chex Mix, fresh bites, including a hot option, which are the duo Cheeseburger Sliders, and Fresh Turkey sandwiches with chips, along with cheese tray and various snack boxes. They also sell Rocky Mountain Original fudge with $2 of the $5 donated to a Frontier’s selected charity of the month. A good cause!

Fresh Find Menu

For this sector, I choose the Cheeseburger sliders, which came with lettuce, tomato, and various packaged condiments. I always like warm food, and feel that most US airlines miss the BOB mark by not offering a real hot meal, even if I have to pre-order them. Of course it is not as good as the old Midwest signature BOB hot meals, but at least it has a warmed sandwich/burger item.

Following the buy on board cart, the normal beverage service commences with the lead F/As hand delivering beverages to passengers from Row 1 to 9, and the aft F/A rolled out a beverage cart. The service was very slow because the F/As did not have a tray to place all the beverages. Only a cup is served on this shorter flight, but there is a water run after the beverage is completed. Very impressive for flights less than two hours long!

Descent soon began at 1:58pm MST (an hour ahead of the West Coast), and we landed on R/W16R at 2:29pm. We parked at Gate A31 at 2:34pm.

F9 516 DEN-LGA Lv1510 Arr2047 Airbus A320-200 N208FR “Charlie Cougar”

We arrived late but the F/As told everyone not to worry, as Frontier only operated from Concourse A, and all the gates were closed by. I basically had a quick run to the bathroom and boarding had already commenced. I joined Group 3, which meant there was no cabin shot. I really wanted to snap a few pictures because when I stopped flying Frontier, the A320s have yet to arrive. Nonetheless, the new A320s feature the same green colored leather seats and personal entertainment system, but the overhead bins and panels are the updated versions on the newer A320s. For this longer flight, I chose the exit row because I was not sure about the legroom on the non-bulkhead and exit row “stretched” seating, so I tried it on the shorter flight and for the longer segment, I picked the more traditional 12F. Someone had already blocked 12D, so the possibility of having an empty middle seat was higher. It worked out in the end and the only empty middle seats are on the stretched seating area. I guess the flight was not overbooked.

Random cabin picture

My seat exit row 12

Legroom demonstration

N206FR another A320 next door

Wing to winglet shot – Definitely “Different Type of Animals”