FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Barclays Arrival/Arrival Cards (1.1%/2.2% travel credits)
Old Dec 15, 2012, 12:14 am
mnscout

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jashsayani
That's for the annual fee card. But still, 40K matches the Sapphire Preferred welcome offer. It would be worth accepting the offer and then downgrading after a year.

I plan on waiting for a month before applying as Barclays is getting started with this card, so they would change the welcome bonus and send out marketing blasts in the coming months...
40K only matches the CSP bonus if you redeem CSP bonus for cash, which you shouldn't because you can get a much better value from it. Besides, this card will not net you $400; it will only net you $331 after $1K spend (400+20-89). Of course, if you do redeem for travel and actively use the card, then the math gets better with 10% refund. It's a solid offer. I normally don't bother when the bonus is less than $400, but Barclays pulls TU in my neck of the woods, so it's almost free cash anyway (to me at least).