FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - $200 airline fee reimbursement reports: AA only [2011-2016]
Old Dec 14, 2012, 9:01 am
lbotez

Originally Posted by mia
Not sure why exactly. Maybe because I called the number on the back of my gold card, because I had some major questions I needed answered about upgrading to Platinum. Plus the program has changed ALOT since I was a Platinum card member. For example, I used to just show the Platinum card; now it sounds like you need a Priority Pass card. BTW, I have one of those from my Hilton Surpass card, but I have to pay to use that one (it's a black card, that says "Select" on it too).

Also, she said something about calling on Sunday, because that's the day they set these things up (or something like that).

I tried the online form, but they haven't converted my Gold->Platinum yet (I just did it last night)... so it didn't work. I still see the Gold Card icon in my Amex online account.

Don't remember if I have an SPG card or not, I think my husband does. Guess I should sign up! (I've been Hiltonized, so don't usually go to Sheratons these days). OTOH, perks are nice.

Thanks for the info.

Oh, and when I was asking all the questions with the agent, I told her she could sign me up for the upgrade from Gold to Platinum. Then when it came to the 25K Membership Rewards bonus, she told me I had to make a 10K spend in 5 months. I said that was a bit excessive. Turns out the offer in my Amex online account was 25K upon first purchase, so I ended up upgrading online. There was no way I was going to do a 10K spend. I also didn't want another credit pull; I overdid it this year with new cards.

Last edited by lbotez; Dec 14, 2012 at 9:11 am