FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriotts near National Parks?
View Single Post
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:39 am
djp98374

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
Originally Posted by socrates
There's many ways I can respond to this and I honestly am trying to find a way to respond without sounding "snotty" or sarcastic and I'm sure there are locations out there that could support a new hotel but remember....MI really isn't a developer the way it was back in the 80's...they don't like to put their own $$$ into developing deals (they will for the right opportunity but those are very rare and far between and even then it's for larger developments as there is less competition with developers for these) but there are a ton of other developers that do like to build/own/operate hotels (Host Hotels, RLJ Lodging etc) and I'm sure they've looked at and will continue to look at these areas for opportunities and as soon as the timing is right they will move forward
I know many hotels are built andown separatly and then contracted with a brand name.

What I was referencing was why there are no Marriotts in some of the national Park gateway towns. The Marriott could easily push to attatch its name to an existing hotel.

Amazing how you can go to a newly built Fairfield Inn on the east coast and west coast and looking strikingly similar---I wonder the luck in that.