FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase retention bonus or fee waiver reports [Archive]
Old Dec 12, 2012, 9:22 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sdsearch
I'm already saving so much (often something like 70% off!) on these hotels by LNFing them, it's "side change" almost to worry about a couple percent more by uising some portal engine. (Plus I'd have to learn which ones are reliable, how they all work, etc, because I've never used anything like the before, and I've read dubious reviews of some of the ones that I've seen mentioned in other circumstances [having nothing to do with Marriott gift cards].
This is the last post on this topic as the thread is really not the place to discuss about hotel booking savings.

Unlike shopping mall, the hotel bookings rebates thru the cash rebate portals are very reliable. Otherwise Mooper would not start a dedicated thread devote to this and other helpful ways to further shave off the cost. LNF modification does NOT affect the rebate. Same % of rebate would simply now applies to a lower cost basis. While Marriott's rebate % usually no higher than 5%, IHG hotels can be as high as 15% recently. I had several stays in October that were between 8 to 12% rebate. My only regret is I did not go thru the portal to book a BPG candidate as occasionally even that could earn cash rebate. (My BPG had an almost $600 room rate for an IC in NYC - 8% is almost enough to pay one of your low cost LNF in SoCal. )

Mooper does a good job to update the first page of his thread and the last few pages provide the fresh data points. You should see some posts with the transaction statements ...