FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriotts near National Parks?
View Single Post
Old Dec 12, 2012, 7:28 pm
djp98374

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
Originally Posted by TimF1975
There are no major chains near many of the National Parks. My guess is that they don't think it's a profitable place to put a hotel. I visit NPs frequently and camp or stay in one of the lodges.
Not true...

with most you have Hampton Inns, Best Westerns, HI Express, and some Choice hotels in nearby or gateway park cities.

Look at the crows that visit national parks....name some offf the top of my head....grand canyon, yosemite, yellowstone, Rocky Mountain...these places draw millions of visitors each year...and they are open year round.

Any hotel in these areas is very profitable. The only issue that may hurt putting a new hotel in is the competition and the real estate prices.

The price point for all the name brand hotels chains tends to be the highest of anywhere except downtown heavy business traveler areas.

Getting lodges in national parks involves long term planning and alot of luck. Most people usually dont plan that far out. The other issue with park lodges is that they are dead zones when it comes to intenet, tv, and child friendly activities (i.e. pool).