FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CONFIRMED: BA B787 & A380 layouts
View Single Post
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:00 am
Hyperacusis

Programs: BA Silver | AA LT Gold | EY Silver | Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by elitetraveler
When i price out trips I often find the AA flights are discounted compared to BA CW. I end up paying a premium to fly on BA as I can sleep well in CW and they provide a better airport experience. If AA suddenly had a superior seat product it would be harder to justify the other attributes of BA as being worth the premium. After all, with a good sleeping seat and privacy i don't have to interact with AA FAs who vary from good to horrible and i can survive without my special meals. It should be around 2 years until AA really has their new J seats in a significant part of the fleet so perhaps in that time we will see an new BA CW product.
I agree, except that I end up picking AA whenever there are F uprades available. Once AA new J and F are rolled out, it simply won't even be a question anymore. As things currently stand, when I fly US-LHR-DXB, I look forward to flying BA on the LHR-DXB segment (at least when there is a 744 available). I have no doubt that once I am spoiled by a better AA product on the US-LHR segments going forward, the BA segment may not seem as appealing anymore.