FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What's your best and worst stay for 2012?
Old Dec 12, 2012, 5:59 am
OU812

Programs: United 1K, MR Plat, SPG Plat
Best: JW Marriott Hill Country Resort, San Antonio, Texas. Great upgrade to a two room suite with a large balcony over looking the golf course. Great pools! Great food and exceptional staff. What really put this stay over the top was Marriott's partnership with BMW, called the BMW Resort Drive. Allowed me to drive a BMW 635i convertible (valued at nearly $100K) anywhere I wanted for 3 hours for free (just had to provide my driver's license). Several months later and have not received any marketing calls, email or snail mail from BMW.

Worse: CY VA Beach North. This stay was an average paid stay in a two room suite (no upgrades during the summer here) until Mrs. OU812 observed the housekeeper use the towels to wipe down the sink, tub, and toilet and then hang them back up. She also observed the housekeeper spray cleaning solution into the used glasses, wipe them with a rag from her pocket, and then put the glasses back on the counter. Housekeepers knew my wife was in the room when they entered. Unfortunately, this was the last day of our stay and we had been using the glasses and towels the previous 4 nights! (Informed mgmt of the hotel and they handled the situation as best they could.)