FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 4*-5* hotel in CPT / preferably on the beach)
Old Dec 11, 2012, 2:08 pm
Jasper2009
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Cheetah_SA
Cape Town actually has very few proper beach hotels. Or even waterside hotels - e.g. places like the Twelve Apostles or the Bantry Bay hotel which are on or overlooking the sea but have no beach. The V&A Waterfront and environs has the biggest selection of hotels that have some connection with the water - ranging from the luxury Cape Grace and One & Only to the cheap and cheerful City Lodge.

OP give us a more exact idea of what you want and we might be able to offer better advice. For example, do you actually want to lie on a beach or just be near the sea? Do you want access to shopping, night life...?
Thanks for taking the time to respond!

As the number of beachside and waterside hotels seems to be limited, I´ll modify my wish ist.

I expect to spend a fair amount of hours getting some work done (e.g. get up at 7a.m., get 4-6h of work done, do some activity from noon until it gets dark and maybe get some more work done afterwards). I´m thinking that if I need to get some work done I would prefer a private patio overlooking the sea/waterfront/Table Mountain/something nice vs. a generic hotel room.

An oceanview room at the Twelve Apostles would be a great example of what I´m looking for (ignoring price and the fact there are no rooms available). Another example would be the Radisson Blu Waterfront where I stayed last time for $100/night incl. breakfast.

I´m not really interested in shopping nor nightlife. I also don´t spend much time just lying on the beach, you´ll much more often find me at a beach-side cafe or a restaurant with a nice view.

Hope that gives you a rough idea of what I´m looking for...