FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help! Dubai for a week with children
View Single Post
Old Dec 11, 2012, 5:17 am
LondonAndy

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
Help! Dubai for a week with children

I'm going with my wife, 2 children (4 and 2 years old) and mother-in-law (don't ask!) to Dubai for a week in May. I appreciate it will be getting hotter but it was the earliest we could do. I'd really appreciate any experiences that could help with the following:

1) Where to stay? We were thinking about an apart-hotel as we need 2 bedrooms and a space for the children to play. Any suggestions about where in Dubai to stay and which particular property we should stay in? I'm a Hilton Gold so would have a slight preference for a Hilton property, but can be persuaded otherwise...

2) What to do? The children will, I assume, be too young for the waterparks, and I guess we'll want to be at home over the lunchtime period anyway given the heat. The acquarium looks like somewhere you could spend a day but what other activities would you suggest for children that age? They are happy doing pretty much anything (although maybe a day in the mall may prove a bit too much for them!).

3) How to get about? Taxis appear cheap but will they take 3 adults and 2 children? My wife is paranoid about safety so she will be lugging a full size car seat around with us . I would be happy with a trunki instead.....

4) Anything else we should be aware of? We've travelled quite extensively, but have never been to this part of the world before, so although we'll be reading the guidebooks over Christmas, any practical advice you could give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.